Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Introducing....The Martini Lady!

In my circle of friends, I'm always the one who brings the drinks. It's my thing. Why? I love matching drinks to the occasion - whether it be birthdays, holidays or a themed party. And I hate to cook, so it conveniently gets me out of that.

So after years of pursuing the unofficial title of The Rachel Ray of Signature Drinks, I bring you this blog - a place to share my creations, cocktail recipes, tips, and discoveries. I've been threatening it forever. It all came together at a party a couple of weeks ago. One of my girlfriend's guests who I had not met before was saying her goodbyes at the end of the evening.

"Hey, where's the martini lady?" I heard her shout from the door. "Those were great! Thanks!"

And that was it.

Enjoy!


P.S. Seeing as this is a cocktail-related blog, and I'm a suburban mom at heart, I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to moderation. And, of course, to not drinking and driving. In our group, if I'm mixing martinis for the girls, the guys drive home. Besides, by and large, what I will share are specialty drinks. They are meant to be enjoyed, not guzzled. Thus I will end each post with this reminder:
sip.  savor.  celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment